Did you overestimate how much bread you needed yesterday and you're now left with one too many loaves? Here's a delicious solution to your problem guaranteed to make that straggler disappear faster than you can say "Alikazam"
|Butter or Margarine||1/2 cup|
|Ground Cinnamon||1/2 teaspoon|
|Loaf of leftover bread, thinly sliced, crusts removed.||1 pound|
|Package of frozen berries, thawed||2 (10-ounce)|
|Sugar (optional)||4 to 6 tablespoons|
|Sweetened Whipped Cream|
1. Combine butter and cinnamon in a small bowl.
2. Trim crusts from bread and lightly spread both sides of each slice with the cinnamon-butter mixture.
3. In a blender or food processor, puree the frozen berries, adding sugar if necessary to sweeten to taste.
4. Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Cut bread to fit pan and layer with pureed fruit, begining and ending with the puree. Press down well with a large spoon to compress the bread.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
6. Uncover and invert cake onto a serving dish. Cut into slices and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
From: MORE BREAD MACHINE MAGIC, (page 202) by Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway, St. Martin's Griffin. ©
HOME PAGE ~~ BOOKS ~~ ORDERING ~~
THE PANTRY ~~ PROBLEMS ~~ WEBSITES
E-mail to BREAD MACHINE MAGIC
Copyright © L & L Bakers, 1999 All Rights Reserved.